Rudge Whitworth Motorcycles
Rudge Whitworth was formed in 1895 with the amalgamation of Rudge of Coventry and Whitworth of Birmingham, both bicycle companes. They began motorcycle manufacture in 1911 and went into liquidation in 1933. They continued trading under the auspices of The Gramophone Company (which later became HMV and then EMI) after moving to Middlesex, and ceased trading at the onset of WWII with the last machines being produced by Norman.
Rudge built Python engines which they supplied to numerous other manufacturers including Durandal, Eysink, Grindlay-Peerless and Imperia.